Warning:  Reviews may contain minor spoilers.

Review category descriptions can be found here.

6.21.2009

EXAMPLE REVIEW:

EXAMPLE REVIEW:

(Important information such as name, genre, number of episodes, version of the anime I watched, and whether I own the series or rented. Parental warning is purely my opinion and may differ from the reviewed item's actual rating.)
Anime Show Name
Genre/ ## episodes / Language Sub/Dub 
Whether I own, or have just watched the series.

Parental Warning: (Content listing)

Plot Synopsis: (brief description of the anime's premise and story)

(In the sections below, I will actually give a numeric score to each part of the anime. In an actual review there will be longer explanations).

Story and Pacing:  #
(In this category I will give my opinion on how well the meta story is bridged from episode to episode and give my opinion on the amount of filler or one shot episodes the series might have. I will usually mention my favorite and least favorite episodes in the series to give some idea what liked and didn't like about the show in specifics.).

Characters:  #
(In this category I will give my opinion on character impressions and development for the anime with specific focus on the protagonist and memorable villains.)

Acting: 
#
(Generally this section is for comments on the voice actors, especially for English dubs. For subs it will still apply but as I do not know enough Japanese to make a good judgment call I will be pretty lenient so long as the voice "fits" with the character.)

Animation: 
(This section is dedicated to comments on the quality of animation, fight scene choreography, and anything else of note involving the visual aspects of the show.)

Production Value:  #
(This section rates how everything comes together in the anime and whether time was taken to polish it. Did the words sync with mouths? Were there continuity issues? Were there problems with sound or any other aspects that don't primarily involve the animation?)

Final Grade:
#.# (This is each of the five category scores added and then divided by 5 to get the over all average, in this case 30/5)

Personal Bias:

(This section acknowledges that sometimes I just want to like or hate something and because of that I might purposefully or subconsciously overlook details that others would notice, or nitpick things that really aren't a big deal. A 1 in this section means I came into the series or movie disliking it for whatever reason. A 10 means I came into the series wanting to like it for whatever reason. A 5 means either I knew nothing about the series or didn't feel one way or the other about it before I started watching. I will write down what I felt and why in this section. I feel this is important so that you, the readers, can adjust the score accordingly if you disagree with some of my comments.  The further in either direction from 5 the more likely it is my ratings were partially influenced by my pre-disposition about the show.)

What I Loved Most: (What thing or things really stood out as being the highlight of the series for me.)

What I Hated Most: (What thing or things really just bothered or annoyed me about the series for me.)

Closing Comments:
(This section is where I ultimately say whether I felt like I wasted time or loved it... sometimes even if an anime receives a bad grade I'll still recommend seeing it... there's a lot of anime out there that is fun to watch despite it's bad story or characters).

No comments:

Post a Comment